(IRVINE, Calif.) - Irvine, California-based Spectrum Wine Auctions LLC, one of the world's leading fine and rare wine auction houses, is pleased to announce that it will be selling The Hudson Highlands Collection this Spring in both a live auction in Los Angeles as well as in specialized Internet auctions conducted through its feature-rich website and state-of-the-art online bidding platform. The Spring 2015 Live Auction Featuring The Hudson Highlands Collection will take place on Saturday 14 March 2015 at SoHo House West Hollywood, and it will be preceded by The February 2015 Distinguished Cellar Series Internet Auction that will run from Friday 6 February through Thursday 12 February.
The Hudson Highlands Collection, valued in excess of $1 million, includes many of the world's greatest wines consigned by one of the world’s foremost wine collectors. Upon building an illustrious career as an East Coast real estate magnate, this collector decided that the next challenge in his life would be to build one of the largest and most impressive wine cellars in the world. Decades of his life were dedicated to traveling throughout Europe, learning about wine, meticulously building his cellar, and continuously tasting and adjusting course along the way.
The 10,200+ bottles in this series of auctions from The Hudson Highlands Collection were stored since their acquisition in an impeccably curated, custom-built, temperature- and humidity-controlled underground wine cellar in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. While the consignor proudly admitted to a distinct preference for Premier Cru Classé Bordeaux, he did not discriminate against the other great regions of the world. This collection’s repertoire is as widely inclusive of the world’s top wine regions as it is deep, touching on a seemingly comprehensive range of top-tier producers’ wines in various colors, styles, vintages, grape varieties, and formats. The finest wines of France, Italy, Spain, the United States, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Australia, and Argentina are, of course, all amply represented here.
The Hudson Highlands Collection boasts several selections of pristine Premier Cru Classé Bordeaux, including lots of the renowned 2010 vintage from the legendary Châteaux Pétrus, La Fleur-Pétrus, Margaux, Haut-Brion, and Cheval Blanc. Domaine Armand Rousseau highlights include 6-bottle lots from the 2009 vintage of Chambertin, Chambertin-Clos de Bèze, Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Clos Saint-Jacques, Ruchottes-Chambertin Clos de Ruchottes, Charmes-Chambertin, and Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Cazetiers. Screaming Eagle appears in the 2005-2009 vintages, several of which are in magnum (1.5L) format. Other noteworthy large formats on offer include Château Mouton Rothschild 1982 and Colgin Herb Lamb Vineyard 1996 in double magnum (3L) formats, Bryant Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 1997 in magnum, and Opus One 1995 in imperial (6L). The collection also features a vertical of Krug’s glorious Clos du Mesnil Blanc de Blancs Brut spanning the 1981 through 1998 vintages. Other featured producers include Domaine Leflaive, Ramonet, Robert Arnoux, Etienne Sauzet, Jacques Prieur, Sylvain Cathiard, Henri Boillot, Joseph Drouhin, Louis Jadot, Lucien Le Moine, Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, Méo-Camuzet, M. Chapoutier, Gaja, Bruno Giacosa, Roberto Voerzio, López de Heredia, CVNE, Dominio de Pingus, Vega Sicilia, Bryant Family, Marcassin, Sine Qua Non, Bond, Opus One, Philip Togni, Salon, F.X. Pichler, and many, many more.
The Hudson Highlands Collection Highlights
- Full case (12 Bottles) of Château Margaux 2010 (Estimate: $8,000)
- Full case (12 Bottles) of Château La Mission Haut-Brion 2003 (Estimate: $2,000)
- 6 Bottles of Château Haut-Brion 2010 (Estimate: $3,250)
- 10 Bottles of Château Beauséjour Duffau-Lagarrosse 1990 (Estimate: $6,000)
- 6 Bottles of Château Cheval Blanc 2010 (Estimate: $4,000)
- 6 Bottles of Pétrus 2010 (Estimate: $15,500)
- 1 Double Magnum (3L) of Château Mouton Rothschild 1982 (Estimate: $4,250)
- 1 Bottle of Barbeito Terrantez 1795 (Estimate: $3,000)
- 1 Bottle of Quinta do Noval Vintage Porto Nacional 1963 (Estimate: $1,400)
- 6 Bottes of A. Rousseau Chambertin 2009 (Estimate: $6,000)
- 6 Bottles of J. Prieur Montrachet 2010 (Estimate: $5,000)
- 6 Bottles of S. Cathiard Vosne-Romanée Aux Malconsorts 2010 (Estimate: $2,750)
- 2 Magnums (1.5L) Château de Beaucastel Châteauneaf-du-Pape Hommage a Jacques Perrin 1990 (Estimate: $2,250)
- 2 Bottles of Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 (Estimate: $4,250)
- 4 Bottles of Krug Clos du Mesnil 1990 (Estimate: $4,000)
- Full Case (12 Bottles) of G. Quintarelli Amarone della Valpolicella 2003 (Estimate: $3,500)